Is a career as a Robotic Technician right for you?
Here are some things to consider before you decide:
You will need to have a GED or HS Diploma and completion of a Trade Program is typically required.
There is a stigma that manufacturing jobs will be replaced by automation, however, Robotic Technicians are necessary to ensure automated machines are functioning and performing. The need for Robotic Technicians is only going to grow.
The right personality type to become a Robotic Technician is someone who is:
Strong Problem Solver
Able to Adapt to Change
Able to Work on a Team
The Career Journey
Attend Trade School
- Must have a GED or HS Diploma
- Trade School Programs are offered Nationwide and once completed can allow you to prepare you to gain entry-level employment as a Robotic Technician.
- Average length of a program is 12 months for a Certificate or 18 months for an Associate’s Degree.
- The cost of a Robotic Technician program can range from $6,000 to $20,000. When vetting a program and its cost, determine which skills you will learn and what certifications you will receive upon graduation. The most important factor in choosing a program is how job ready you will after graduation.
- Skills you will learn: Manufacturing Systems and Technology, Applied Physics and Precision Measuring, Industrial Robotics, Digital Electronics and Circuits, SCADA Systems, Industrial Networking