Is a career as an Asphalt Paver right for you?
Here are some things to consider before you decide:
Asphalt Pavers are in the top 10 most in-demand trades in Construction year after year.
There are a number of career paths within this trade and it is very easy to start an entry-level position with little to no experience.
Most just starting out as a Paver will receive $20.00/hr, but can make up to $30/hr with more experience.
The right personality type to become a Asphalt Paver is someone who is:
Able to Work Alone for Periods of Time
Patient with Attention to Detail
Strong in Time Management
The Career Journey
Learn on the Job
- Must have a GED or HS Diploma
- There are a number of certifications that can be achieved within the Asphalt trade, but most will not be required to have any licenses to start working as a Crew Member or Paver.
- On-the-Job Training or Educational Programs are pathways to certification and licenses to grow into the Asphalt Technician career path.
Get your CDL License
- Most learning will take place on the job site, however, due to the size of equipment you may be operating, you should get your CDL license.
- You can receive a CDL license in a matter of weeks and some employers may sponsor your tuition for the program.
- Having your CDL license will also open more doors for you within the Construction and Transportation industries.