When it comes to trades in America and Canada, there’s one thing we can all agree on: money and currency can be pretty confusing. Let’s take a look at some popular trade jobs and compare the pay between the two countries.
- Plumbers: In Canada, they make around $68,847 CAD, but in the US, it’s about $51,525.09 USD.
- Heavy Equipment Operators: Canadians earn about $72,228.00 CAD, while Americans get around $54,055.44 USD.
- Carpenters: Canadians take home approximately $73,762 CAD, but Americans make about $55,203.48 USD.
- HVAC Installers: Canadians earn around $83,766.00 CAD, while Americans get about $62,690.47 USD.
- Mechanics: In Canada, they make roughly $80,329.00 CAD, while in the US, it’s about $60,118.22 USD.
- Electricians: Canadians earn about $74,067.00 CAD, but in the US, it’s around $55,431.74 USD.
- Lastly, Truck drivers: Canadians make approximately $77,064.00 CAD, while Americans get around $57,674.70 USD.
Now, you might be thinking, “Whoa, those are some big differences!” But hold on, there’s more to it. It takes 1.2 Canadian dollars to equal 1 US dollar. So, a Canadian dollar is only worth 0.833 US dollars.
To understand why the pay difference exists, let’s look at the factors that affect the value of the US dollar and the Canadian dollar. We’re talking about things like interest rates, economic performance, political stability, and global economic factors.
Now, here’s the kicker: the highest paid trades are different in each country. Why? Well, it all comes down to supply and demand. Each country has its own needs and priorities, so the trades that pay the most can vary.
But hey, here’s some good news. Both America and Canada need skilled trade workers, and guess what? BlueRecruit is here to help! Whether you’re in Canada or America, we’ve got your back and can connect you with the right job for you. So, let’s celebrate the power of skilled labor and get ready for some exciting opportunities!
Sign up on BlueRecruit today – it only takes 5 minutes: https://app.bluerecruit.us/signup