The Q3 State of the Trades is here! We took a deep dive into the trends of skilled trade hiring from this past summer and there are some really interesting insights that we just have to share.
Here are our biggest take-aways:
- Employers continue to remove their minimum education requirement. At the end of Q2, 65% of employers were no longer requiring a minimum education level for jobs, that has grown by 12% for Q3 to 77%.
- 80% of employers are no longer requiring a clean criminal background for most jobs, that too has grown this quarter by 14%.
- Not only are points 1 and 2 removing barriers to increase the talent pool, pay for General Laborers is exceeding worker expectations. There is a delta of ($0.71) between what employers are offering and Job Seekers are seeking in terms of compensation for entry-level positions.
- Texas, while still in the top 10 of most in demand states, is at their lowest point of the year.
- For the 3rd Quarter in a row, HVAC Technicians are the most in demand skilled workers in the US.
- For the first time since the creation of the SoTT, Concrete and Asphalt Installers/Finishers have made the “Most In-Demand Trades” list. While we will need more data to prove this, this is likely a result of the beginning of Infrastructure Bill money trickling into the economy.
Fortunately, BlueRecruit can help you find skilled tradespeople in all of these fields and locations throughout the US. Create your account and get connected job seekers today.